The Microblading Luxe effect gives structure and lift to the face and makes a huge difference to the client’s appreance and confidence.
Microblading Enhances and Changes Your Face
Eyebrows are so important as they define and shape faces.
Five years ago, Laura realised how effective Microblading was in enhancing faces in a natural looking way. The combination of her extensive makeup expertise and Microblading technical skills, results in perfect eyebrows every time.
Laura specialises in treating every client with care and attention, spending a huge amount of time meticulously mapping out the brows and making sure the end result is natural but defined, making a huge difference to her clients confidence.
Natural Fine Feathery Strokes To Mirror Natural Brows
Microblading is a specialised form of semi-permanent tattooing where pigment is placed underneath the surface of the skin in fine feathery individual strokes to mirror natural hair.
The microblading strokes completely blend in to give a much fuller and neater effect to the brow.
Microblading Giving Structure and Lift
Microblading effect gives structure and lift to the face, and makes a huge difference to the clients appearance and confidence.
Advanced Microblading Training at Phi Brows
Microblading is a hugely technical skill, so Laura sought the leading Microblading specialists on Harley Street and received expert training by completing the Innate Advanced Course by Phi Brows.
As Laura is a very talented Makeup Artist, it makes her Microblading skills impeccable and her work is perfection.
Frequently Asked Questions
During the appointment you may feel a scratching sensation and you may feel stinging from the dye and anaesthetic gel being applied, but after this it is virtually pain free. It is likened to the pain of waxing or plucking your brows – very tolerable considering the result.
During the consultation we will discuss how you would like your brows to look and Laura will draw them on for you to see how they look and make sure you’re totally happy before we start. Lauras main aim is to enhance your natural brow shape, and in most cases give the brow more thickness, arch and density, to the give the most natural and best result.
Laura will only go over someone else’s work if there are no visible strokes left, and the pigment is very faded. Going over another artists work means Laura has to follow their shape and stroke direction, which a lot of the time would not be how Laura would do it if she was working on fresh brows, which ends up giving a result that she is not completely happy with. Powder brows is a great option for covering up faded PMU as its denser in pigment, or you can also get a few removal sessions done prior. If you have had previous PMU you MUST book in for a consultation before booking a treatment so Laura can assess the brows.
Microblading can take years to completely exit the skin. Top ups are recommended every 1-2 years if the skin is normal to dry. If you have oily skin then it is recommended to have a top up appointment roughly every 12 months. The longevity of the microblading is different from client to client depending on skin type, skin care, sun exposure, oil in the skin, aftercare etc. The microblading must be around 40%-50% faded before having a top up.
The initial microblading appointment is 2 hours, with the microblading only lasting 45 minutes – 1 hour. Top up appointments are shorter.
– 24 hours prior don’t take any pain killers
– 24 hours prior don’t drink alcohol or caffeine
– Avoid the sun for 4 days prior to treatment
– Make sure you don’t have fake tan or sun burn on treatment are
– No botox for 4 weeks before or after treatment
– Do not dye your brows for 4 weeks prior
– Stop using retinols or peels 4 weeks prior
– Do not have facials or LED treatments for 4 weeks prior
On the first day:
– Within half an hour of treatment wipe the brows with gently backwards and forwards with sterile water. Pat dry and apply a pea sized amount of gel after
– Repeat this process every 2 hours between 3-5 times (until the excess pigment has been removed and the cotton pad has no pigment residue on it after wiping)
– For the next 7 days morning and evening, wipe the brows gently with sterile water on a cotton pad and apply a pea sized amount of gel after.
For 14 days:
– Keep the brow area as cool and as dry as possible
– No gym, saunas, steam rooms or swimming pools
– Keep the brows out of direct sunlight
– Do not pick or scratch the flakes
– Do not to get the brows wet
You cannot have microblading if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have any infection blood disease e.g: HIV or Hepatitis A, B or C
- Are haemophiliac
- Are prone to keloid scaring or hyper pigmentation
- Are five weeks pre or post radiotherapy/chemotherapy treatment
- Are epileptic and have experienced a seizure in the last two years
- Are taking Warfarin or any other blood thinning medication
- Are taking Antabuse or Roaccutane within 6 months of treatment date
- Have a cold sore, fever blister or skin disorder on the area to be treated
- Have previously tattooed/heavily microbladed eyebrows
- Are under the age of 18
Yes, Laura use a microblading technique that will achieve the finest and crispest stokes possible, however microblading is semi permanent and over time the strokes do soften and lose their crispness. This is something that is unavoidable but happens faster with oilier skin types (this is why powder brows is a more recommended treatment for oily skin).
As microblading is semi permanent you will notice over time the microblading will gradually lighten and fade, you will also notice the strokes looking softer and less crisp, this is normal as the pigment fades. It is very important to remember that you must wait until the colour is roughly 50% faded before coming back for a 1-2 year top up. If you have lots of pigment in the skin and have a top up, you end up losing the definition between the strokes and it doesn’t look as natural.
Yes but there are a couple of things to bare in mind if you have oily skin: The strokes will look crisp straight after treatment, however they will soften and sometimes blur after the healing process and also more quickly than normal – dry skin over time. In cases of very oily skin the brows can look more like Ombre Powder Brows once healed, rather than crisp Microblading strokes, this is unavoidable due to skin type. Oily skin will also need more regular Top Up treatments which could be as often as every 8-12 months depending on how much oil is in the skin. In the case of very oily skin its recommended to have the Powder Brows instead of Microblading as it gives a better healed result that lasts longer.
It can be preferable to let the brows grow out before the appointment so Laura can see where the hair naturally grows. Laura will tidy them up on the day of the appointment.
Powder Luxe can give a soft powdery makeup effect, but it can also be built up and made denser with each session, if desired. It Is also great for clients with oily skin as it lasts longer and clients that feel Microblading is too natural and want a fuller, more defined finish.
Powder Luxe can also be used to cover up and correct previous PMU work as long as it is faded enough.
Due to the airbrush-like technique, Powder Luxe creates less trauma to the skin vs. the blading technique of microblading, so is better for clients with sensitive skin.